Re: Dhanya Sasi, India Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) Kernel kernel 2.6.23.1-42.fc8

sasidharan

Antonio is a Fedora user and can best help you while I am traveling this week.
Most likely you have to shut down the ethernet channel before starting
a dialout, or it interferes with DNS (browser naviagation through
ppp0).
Do
$ su - root
# ifconfig
# ifconfig eth0 down
(of any other COMM block, but leave lo , the loopback)
Check with
# ifconfig
Then start the dialout, when only lo is active.

MarvS