Re: Ann US Ubuntu 2.6.24-??

Ann,

Your best bet is the Conexant modem, as there are resource assignment
problems with the
Intel 537 modem.  It is not that hard!!

RE: but couldn't find the file in question that matched that exact
The Hardy hsfmodem driver sets  were  just released/mounted today.
>From http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads-ubuntu-x86.php
download the top package
	hsfmodem_7.68.00.10full_k2.6.24_16_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb.zip
>>  Under Linux unpack with:
>>  $ unzip hsfmodem*.zip
>>  Then install with:
>>  $ sudo dpkg -i hsfmodem*.deb
>>  Subsequently, the modem should be found with
>>  $ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
>>  Edit in your personal information with:
>>  $ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
>>  and try dialing out with:
>>  $ sudo wvdial.
>>  See Testing.txt  for details.
Likely you could find a local LInux user as a last resort to walk you
through these few steps.
see http://www.linux.org/groups/usa/

MarvS
scanModem maintainer