Re: Tony, Canada, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic (Toshiba Laptop A210 PSAFGC-FS108C on AMD Athlon TK-57)

Thank you Antonio for your super fast reply.

Is that true, that this Modem is not supported yet in Linux? I thought
that Toshiba would use some mainstream parts in assemble their laptop
machines. And I think I saw something like Si3054 when I checked the
hardware under Linux. It didn't say Modem, but something like Audio
etc. I'll double check.

If it wouldn't work, it'll be too bad, because I really like Linux so
far. It's small and clean, and very Quiet. When I use Vista on the
same machine, the computer seems always busy doing something (you hear
the hard drive making noises all the time).

Thanks again.

Tony