Re: Toshiba A200-23Q

Dear Marvin, thanks for the hints. I will try them. It is an internal laptop modem.

Windows Vista reports that the modem is created by Agere. This is the only info I found.
Does this help? Could it still be Conexant?

Antonis.

O/H Marvin Stodolsky έγραψε:
Antonis.

Is your modem internal of external?

Try to get modem information under a Microsoft boot, if possible.

Otherwise the best guess for an internal modem is that there is a
Conexant modem chip on the Subsystem of:
  Class 0403: 8086:284b Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H
     Primary PCI_id  8086:284b
   Subsystem PCI_id  1179:ff00

To check out this possibility under Linux
1) compiling is necessary.  Packages must be installed, providing:
 gcc-4.2
 make
 kernel-source-2.6.24.2-desktop586-4mdv
or corresponding kernel-headers

2) Read Conexant.txt about the hsfmodem package.

Note that www.linuxant.com  has software for dectecting/diagnosing
Conexant modem chips.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer