Re: Confirmation needed before paying

Hi there jacques
-------
This section is the your email reply to my request for help
-------
Rick do as scanModem tells you to do
\begin{"}
Support type needed or chipset:    hsfmodem

For owners of a Dell PCs with Conexant HSF modems, a driver source
package with full speed enabled is available, but requires driver
compiling. Read Conexant.txt
The hsfmodem package serves a great variety of Conexant chipset modems.
>From  http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads-ubuntu-x86.php
download hsfmodem_7.68.00.07full_k2.6.22_14_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb.zip
Under Linux unpack with:
$ unzip hsfmodem*.zip
Then install with:
$ sudo dpkg -i hsfmodem*.deb
Subsequently, the modem should be found with
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
Edit in your personal information with:
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
and try dialing out with:
$ sudo wvdial.
See Testing.txt  for details.
Read Conexant.txt
Writing Conexant.txt
\end{"}

Regards,
Antonio

------
And here is the result of the two test
------

rick@rick-laptop:~$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
[sudo] password for rick:
Editing `/etc/wvdial.conf'.

Scanning your serial ports for a modem.

Modem Port Scan<*1>: Scanning ttySHSF0 first, /dev/modem is a link to
it.
ttySHSF0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 Z -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0 -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Modem Identifier: ATI -- 56000
ttySHSF0<*1>: Speed 4800: AT -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Speed 9600: AT -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Speed 19200: AT -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Speed 38400: AT -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Speed 57600: AT -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Speed 115200: AT -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Speed 230400: AT -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Speed 460800: AT -- OK
ttySHSF0<*1>: Max speed is 460800; that should be safe.
ttySHSF0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0 -- OK
Modem Port Scan<*1>: S1   S2   S3   SHSF1 SHSF2 SHSF3 SHSF4 SHSF5
Modem Port Scan<*1>: SHSF6 SHSF7

Found a modem on /dev/ttySHSF0, using link /dev/modem in config.
Modem configuration written to /etc/wvdial.conf.
ttySHSF0<Info>: Speed 460800; init "ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0"
rick@rick-laptop:~$

rick@rick-laptop:~$ sudo wvdial
[sudo] password for rick:
WvDial<*1>: WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.56
WvDial<*1>: Initializing modem.
WvDial<*1>: Sending: ATZ
WvDial Modem<*1>: ATZ
WvDial Modem<*1>: OK
WvDial<*1>: Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
WvDial Modem<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
WvDial Modem<*1>: OK
WvDial<*1>: Modem initialized.
WvDial<Err>: Configuration does not specify a valid phone number.
WvDial<Err>: Configuration does not specify a valid login name.
WvDial<Err>: Configuration does not specify a valid password.
rick@rick-laptop:~$

----
OK, now my question is like this. As i truly need to fax, so i am
willing to pay for the full capabilities but worry me is whether i can
really fax out from that point on and also, how fine will the resolution
of my faxes be to my recipients. What i be faxing will mostly be
brochure of commercial vehicles but in black and white cos i will
convert it from multi colour using gimp.

And lastly, i hope your pricing is affordable Friend!!!

Btw, i am using Ubuntu  Release 7.10 (gutsy) Kernel Linux
2.6.22.14-generic GNOME 2.20.0 and my Hardware Memory: 438.90 Processor:
AMD(Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technnology MK-36