Re: Confirmation needed before paying

Rick,

I do not know if somebody has the software ready to help you (efax installed, perhaps something else which cannot be guessed from your mail) - I do not. But it would definitely tremendously help if the readers would know which Linux distribution you use, which kernel, which modem, which driver file EXACTLY is being used, and if you would attached a sample file to be sent such as what you want to fax.

Otherwise, you ask for assurance of something which is completely in the fog.

You probably mean one of the Linuxant drivers, but this is a guess and it could be for an HSF or an HCF modem. But still, wherever you read about the free Linuxant driver, it is EXPLICITLY written that the FAX capability is disabled and the rate limited to 14.4 kbauds, so I do not understand why you ask .... unless you talk about some different driver.

Jacques

rick wrote:
My license is free and i believed the error is supposed to be saying
that my modem does not support faxing right?. OK, my question is like
this, if i pay for my license to get full faxing capabilities, can you
give me your assurance that i can definitely fax. I am selling
commercial vehicle and i need to fax out catalog and not just text only
and may i know what is the resolution like too. Thank you

efax-0.9a: 15:14:11 Error: can't determine fax modem class support
efax-0.9a: 15:14:11 failed page /home/rick/Desktop/output.ps.001
efax-0.9a: 15:14:11 finished - invalid modem response