Re: ISSUE with ST7544 based usb modem and slmodem on Ubuntu Gutsy

Sergio

A slmodemd of version 2.9.11 is likely necessary, while the version in
the sl-modem-source package you are likely using is 2.9.9e. Check
with:
$ slmodemd --version

>From http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/  get the
SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz   Therein is a 2.9.11 version slmodemd,
kernel_version independent.  Also read the wvdial.txt therein.  For
modems using /dev/pts/N portsm the wvdial.conf needs a line:
 Carrier Check  = no
as Linux  /dev/pts/N  ports have not yet been equipped with sound sensitivity.

MarvS