Re: Patch for kernel version 2.6.24

> martian: error: Common area unrecognized, no terminating signature
--------

If you are still getting this error message after modifying
the modem/mport.c file, the only explanation seems to be
that the modification had an error (like martian instead of martiaN)
or something trivial, such as forgetting 'make clean'.

However, I feel that the martian modem is completely OK,
but the real problem is that 2.6.24 doesn't want us
to use (among many others) CPPFLAGS. It should still accept it and
warn us when we use it but there seems to be a bug in that part of
2.6.24/build/Makefile. Probably it will be corrected, eventually,

So the simplest full patch list that should make martian modem functional
for 2.6.24 should be (starting from martian-full-20071011):

---------------------

in kmodule/martian.c: replace
SA_INTERRUPT | SA_SHIRQ,
by
IRQF_DISABLED | IRQF_SHARED,

and
in kmodule/Makefile replace
CPPFLAGS += -DKMARTIAN_STAMP=20061202
by
KBUILD_CPPFLAGS += -DKMARTIAN_STAMP=20061202

Of course, with these patches it won't work with old kernels,
so conditioning on kernel version (and perhaps using
#define KMARTIAN_STAMP in martian.h instead of in CPPFLAGS?)
would make sense.