Re: slmodem-2.9.11-20080228 compiles and installs, but modem does not dial cannot connect.

I checked there, and did not find any.  Anyhow, now I do not have the
problem anymore as Tomas, the creator of slax, told me how to overcome
the issue.  I have to run ldconfig after I have

wvstreams
#  ./configure
# make
# make install
wvdial
# make
# make install
here run
# ldconfig
wait till it finishes
# wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
will try to find the modem.  I had tried previously to use those
packages and was unsuccessful with the slax-popcorn version.

Thanks for the info, if I have problems again, I will try those out
and report back.  I will try again tonight and hopefully succeed.

Regards,

Antonio