Re: slmodem-2.9.11-20080228 compiles and installs, but modem does not dial cannot connect.

Apparently,

there are no wvdial packages for Slackware

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-installation-40/slw-12-no-wvdial-620181/

http://packages.slackware.it/search.php?v=current&t=1&q=wvdial

That is why I compiled from source.  Kppp would have gotten the job
done, but it is not dialing :(  I am trying to use wvdial to
troubleshoot the connection.  slmodem-2.9.11-20080228 is not working
with 2.6.24, I will be cautious with Fedora in this case not to to
update yet, till I know that it does work.

Thanks,

Antonio