Re: Weird External Serial-USB Modem Error

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Marvin Stodolsky
<marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> RE: >  It's weird since all the other AT commands works, including
>  ATH0 and ATH1.
>  I'm not with my Linux sources now, but these responses come I believe
>  from the Drivers and not the modem hardware. Thus there seems to be a
>  problem in fully controlling the modem hardware through the
>  USB->Serial routing.
>
>  MarvS
>

>  On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Amir Levin <amir.levin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Hi Marvin,
>  >  I am communicating through a serial port (attached to a USB connector)
>  >  to a serial external modem.
>  >  The error that the modem returns on ATD is the same through all the
>  >  programs I tried (minicom, wvdial and hylafax dialer).
>  >  It's weird since all the other AT commands works, including ATH0 and ATH1.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 9:30 AM, TamcoAv <tamco@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > Okay, I think I found your problem.
>  >  > http://freshmeat.net/projects/minicom/
>  >  > try using wvdial instead...," Minicom is a serial communication program."
>  >  >

I am also using a USB modem and it i working fine in Opensuse. Are
sure the number does not have any prefix?? I called up the phone
company and they gave me dial string as "#777"(without the quotes).
Please check with the phone company. I am using Kinternet as the dial
program. I am uisng the usbserail.ko module as the driver

--
umesh3034