Re: Dynalink Agere SV92P PCI Modem

Terry,

The bottom of the Howto or the Readme (not with my Linux resources
now) specifies a line to implement automation, with which
$ sudo modprobe agrserial
will read instructions from a /etc/modprobe.d/agrmodem   file and
sequentially do:
modprobe agrmodem
modprobe agrserial
   which co creates the /dev/ttyAGR3
ln -s  /dev/ttyAGR3  /dev/ttySAG3
   which sets a symbolic link /dev/ttySAG3 --> /dev/ttyAGR3

The latter is desirable because wvdialconf will follow the symbolic to
 /dev/ttyAGR3

But you can alternately should proceed again with the manual driver
$ sudo  ln -s  /dev/ttyAGR3  /dev/ttySAG3
after which
$ sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
will hopefully find the modem.  This recognition step is where some
Systems fail, and then the follow through steps desccribed in the
HowTo have to be tested.

If the modem is found, use
$ sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
to edit in your dialout info.  Subsequently try a a dialout with:
$ sudo wvdial

MarvS