Dynalink Agere SV92P PCI Modem

Thanks to Marvin and Marcus for pointing me to the sv92 packages.

I have downloaded and installed as per the Readme.1st file in the package.
This has resulted in the creation of ttyAGS3 in /dev similar to the entries for
ttyS0, 1, 2, 3 as shown below.

crw-rw----  1 root dialout  62,  67 2008-02-16 19:24 ttyAGS3

crw-rw----  1 root dialout   4,  64 2008-02-16 19:25 ttyS0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root tty       3,  49 2008-02-16 19:14 ttys1

I don't know where to go next. (Just new to Linux!)

Is this the expected outcome of the installation?

What should I do to try to test the modem?
wvdialconf looks for a modem on ttyS0 and ttyS1, but doesn't know about ttyAGS3

Also ttyAGS3 disappears on reboot, but re-appears after the modprobe steps:

$ sudo modprobe agrmodem
$ sudo modprobe agrserial
$ lsmod | grep agr
agrserial              13872  0
agrmodem             1188580  1 agrserial

What do I need to do to make it permanent?

Thanks again for your help

Regards
Terry

On Fri Feb 15 17:51 , "Marvin Stodolsky" sent:

    Use the latest agrsm package at
    http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/sv92/

    The package has good documentation.
    Report back to the List if you have problems.
    Hugo is the expert, not me.

    MarvS