Re: Vendor Id: 0x11c11040, was Re: problems with slmodemd, slmodemd+alsa

Hi, sorry if i'm following a wrong procedure writing here, but really I
found a bit complicated understanding what to do :(

This message follows directly from
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00915.html
and
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00922.html

I bought a Toshiba Satellite U300 and the internal modem is not working.
First of all i found this:
http://www.itopen.it/2007/11/22/ubuntu-linux-toshiba-satellite-u300/
quoting:
---8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<---------8<------
Modem

The modem is not supported at the moment:

see http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00915.html

The softmodem chip 0x11c11040 is not yet supported under Linux.
Code must be developed by manufacture LSI Inc.
See details in
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00915.html
Read InfoGeneral.txt about alternatives modem hardware.
Identifying PCI bus slots with candidate modems.
=== Finished modem firmware and bootup diagnostics section. ===
=== Next deducing cogent software ===

Analysing card in PCI bus 00:1b.0, writing to scanout.00:1b.0
The High Defintion Audio card with PCI ID 8086:284b may host a soft
modem chip.
IDENT=Agere_11c11040_chip_is_not_supported

I ran scanModem and get the same result.
Now, if I understood what the matter is, i'd like to know:
1) are there any good news from LSI?
2) in case there aren't, I'd like to write directly to them, asking for
a driver, maybe using an online petition-or-so (FSF often helps in these
matters too). Where do I have to ask?

Thank you for your patience and for your work, and sorry for my english :P