Re: which modem?

kissaj

Intel Corporation 82801H is a High Definition Audio card, and cards in
this class can host a variety of different  soft modem chips in their
Subsystems.

Conenant chips cannot be seen by the ALSA diagnostic tools upon which
scanModem depends. So the best guess is that yours is a Conexant
modem, requiring hsfmodem software.  Fake such a modem with:
  ./scanModem test 8086:284b 17aa:20ac
and detailed instructions will be output.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer