Re: Imlek, Indonesia - kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Give us as many details as you can about your notebook.
manufacturer
exact and complete model
serial number
Are you sure that you did
sudo ./scanModem
and not just ./scanModem?

Jacques

Imlek wrote:
Jacques & Antonio,

Thank you for your reply.

When I brought my notebook, the store install Windows and check every
hardware on the notebook. The internal modem detected (But
unfortunately, I did not take any note about the modem's manufacturer).
Since I love Linux, I erase everything and install Ubuntu 7.10 64bit
only, no Windows. (My notebook are Intel Core 2 Duo and advised to use
the 64 bit version).
The need for internal modem came out lately since I would like to use my
notebook on the road. Usually I use it on my office and home, with
network interface - network card, and never bother with the internal
modem since I do not use it at past.
Any other way to make my internal modem work ?

Thank you
Imlek