Re: Agere softmodem and suse 9.3

There exist several families of Agere modem chipsets which each require a different driver.

The martian driver was developped for the DSP family ONLY of chipsets for continuation of support of new kernels, above 2.6.12.

SuSE 9.3 originally comes with kernel 2.6.11.

If your question is academic ("is there any experience"), the answer is probably no, because the driver came much later than the kernel, which for that family of chipsets was supported by the ltmodem driver. If the question is semi-academic "will an Agere DSP modem work with the martian driver?"), the answer is "probably yes".

If your question is not academic, "I have SuSE 9.3 and an Agere modem, HOW do I may it work?", read http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/#scanModem and find in file ModemData.txt the reply to your question, or send us the file.

Jacques

Marcos Abel wrote:
there is any experience using this modem and martian driver in suse 9.3????
regards...