Re: 转发: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: XU Feng, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Dear Feng XU

Of course your problem is DNS definition.
It is your right to use gnome-ppp but when you use such "beautiful" tools it is very difficult to help, because these are black-boxes‎ giving very little diagnostics. This is why we recommend to use wvdialconf and wvdial (http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/wvdial.html)
If you had used that, I would have told you:
-make sure that the configuration file /etc/wvdial.conf contains a line
Auto DNS = yes
-if it does, edit the file /etc/resolv.conf adding at the beginning (it may well be empty)
nameserver 11.111.11.11
nameserver 11.111.11.11

However you used gnome-ppp which as you can see USES wvdial (hidden in gnome-ppp) but does not give you the possibility to see what there is and what is missing in the configuration file which gnome-ppp uses.

The Auto DNS or the static definitions of name servers are probably available when you configure gnome-ppp , but do not ask me where and how: using a windodem under Linux for more than 8 years, I have never seen nor needed anything better than wvdial (a proof is that those "user friendly" diallers use it hidden behind the wall).

Jacques
feng xu wrote:

___________________________________________________________ 雅虎邮箱传递新年祝福,个性贺卡送亲朋! http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/gc/index.html?entry=5&souce=mail_mailletter_tagline