Re: modem setup

Jose,

Please subscibe to the List at www.linmodems.org and email to the List
rather than direct to me, as I am only on line irregularly.

The node /dev/slamr0 is not automatically made, until automation is
set, and does not survive reboot. So maually do:
$ su - root
#  mknod -m 600 /dev/slamr0 c 242 0
before
# modprobe ungrab-winmodem
# modprobe slamr

There can be added to any file in /etc/modprobe.d/  or /etc/modprobe.conf
(which is used in PCLinuxOS ) as a SINGLE line (herein folded):
install slamr modprobe --ignore-install ungrab-winmodem ;  modprobe
--ignore-install slamr; test -e /dev/slamr0 || (/bin/mknod -m 660
/dev/slamr0 c 242 0 2>/dev/null && chgrp dialout /dev/slamr0)

This will do all of the above upon
# modprobe slamr

After which
# slmodemd -c USA  /dev/slamr0