Re: Hamlet Silver Surfer 56K-V92 USB on Debian Etch

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 13:44:23 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi, Marvin, Jacques, and happy new year.
>
> Last year I managed to properly configure Debian Sarge for my modem:
> see the complete procedure reported at:
>
>  http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=8252
>
> .  I'm trying now with Debian Etch.  I'm having difficulties in
> installing slmodem-2.9.10.  Maybe you already know the whole
> necessary procedure?  Or shall I run scanmodem and send the output to
> this list?
>
> Thanks, bye
> Rodolfo

Rodolfo,

could you please describe more precisely the "difficulties" you
encounter? I guess the procedure should work in Etch too. Also, if you
would like precompiled modules for your kernel, just let me know.

Firas

GnuPG public key: http://itsuki.fkraiem.org/gpgkey