Re: edward saal, South Africa, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Edward

0483:7554 SGS Thomson Microelectronics 56k SoftModem
  idVendor           0x0483 SGS Thomson Microelectronics
  idProduct          0x7554 56k SoftModem

should be supported by the slamr package previously sent,
which does contain the needed slusb.ko  driver also.

MarvS