Re: Conexant Dell driver on a Latitude D630

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Lorenzo,
   There was a message on one of the Dell discussion lists from a Dell
rep that there hsfmodem package hadn't been updated beyond 2.6.18,
though I haven't since checked on the current status.

But since you did (I vaguely recall) the software key from Linuxant
already, you may as well keep using their variant of the software.
Jonathan at Linuxant has related that their software does use ALSA

you remember well, but I have a new laptop now :-)
thus the old key wouldn't work anymore...

however, I'll try the linuxant.com driver tomorrow and see whether that
one works (at 14k).

It wouldn't be bad if the paid key would work also for other laptops...
this would be the third one I'd buy... :-)

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)