Re: Conexant Dell driver on a Latitude D630

Lorenzo,

May I kindly suggest to split the problem in two parts?
1-does the standard Linuxant driver for Ubuntu_7.10 work on your machine?
2-then, why does the Dell OEM version not work?

To answer 1, please remove whatever you have installed and follow the instructions for installing the HSF modem at http://www.linuxant.com/drivers

Jacques

Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
Hi

Since I have kubuntu 7.10, I tried the version of the driver as reported here: http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_7.10/Issues/New_Conexant_Modem_Driver but this makes my soundcard stop working (after reboot);

besides the modem itself does not seem to work at all...

during the installation I got this:

Warning: no device detected by hsf driver - HDA modems may require reboot

Note: HDA support not compiled in the driver (requires a 2.6.16 or later kernel)

Note: kernel module snd-via82xx-modem overridden by hsfmc97via
Note: kernel module snd-intel8x0m overridden by hsfmc97ich hsfmc97sis
Note: kernel module snd-atiixp-modem overridden by hsfmc97ati

I don't know whether this is due to linux-backports-modules which I had to install to make the sound card work (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Gutsy_Intel_HD_Audio_Controller).

If I remove the hsf deb package the sound card goes back to life.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

thanks in advance
Lore