Re: Conexant Dell driver on a Latitude D630

Lorenzo,
   There was a message on one of the Dell discussion lists from a Dell
rep that there hsfmodem package hadn't been updated beyond 2.6.18,
though I haven't since checked on the current status.

But since you did (I vaguely recall) the software key from Linuxant
already, you may as well keep using their variant of the software.
Jonathan at Linuxant has related that their software does use ALSA
code, just keeping pace with the releases of the major Linux distros.
Thus there is the possibility that you will break ALSA sound support
if you import ALSA code in advance of what Linuxant is developing
from.

MarvS