Re: ModemData.txt

Matteo,

here is a help page for setting up a modem under Ubuntu:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto

It links to the various subpages where detailed installation and
configuration instructions are listed.

In your case, you should probably first look at this:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto/Lucent

After that, you should have a look at the various ways to configure the
login information; I have no idea which is the best way, so maybe you
could just start from the top until you find a way that works and is
easy to use :-)

Btw. I think the Ubuntu IRC channel is quite useful for getting direct
help (faster than by email, anyway). There might not always be real
"experts" online, but you can get answers for common questions really quick.

Regards,
Oliver