Re: Amos - Italy:SIS AC 97 modem

On Thursday 13 December 2007 22:43:10 amosse@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Amos
> >
> > RE: # slmodemd --country=ITALY /dev/slamr0
> > your particular modem does not use /dev/slamr0
> > but rather MUST have the specification:    modem:1
> >
> > Your core problem is with the slmodemd you are using, it does not
> > have the needed ALSA support.:
> > ALSA support is not compiled in (see README for howto).
> > You seem to have copied/installled some SuSE slmodemd over the one
> > you successfully used earlier when:
> > ttySL0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- OK
> > ttySL0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 Z -- OK
> > ttySL0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 -- OK
> > ttySL0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 -- OK
> > ttySL0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 -- OK
> > ttySL0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0 -- OK
> > ttySL0<*1>: Modem Identifier: ATI -- SmartLink Soft Modem
> >
> > So just again do the copy over of the slmodemd from the
> > SLMODEMD.4.2  resource and retest
> >  # slmodemd --country=ITALY  modem:1
> >
> > MarvS
>
> Thank you.
> I made as per your suggestion:
> linux-amosse:/home/amosse/Documents/ScanModem/SLMODEMD.gcc4.2 # cp
> slmodemd /usr/sbin/slmodemd cp: impossibile creare il file normale
> `/usr/sbin/slmodemd': Text file busy
>
> Amos
>

> ps: "impossibile creare il file normale" = impossible to create
> normal file

As the message says, it seems that your already have a slmodemd in use,
you can check it with

	$ ps ax | grep slmodemd

If it outputs something, it means that a slmodemd is running, so you'll
have to stop it. It's been a while since I used SuSE but I _think_ it
uses the classic SysV init system, so that should be easy. See if you
have a /etc/init.d directory, and whether there is an init script
called slmodemd (or something like that) in it. If so, you can simply
stop the daemon with (as root) :

	# /etc/init.d/slmodemd stop

Then you should be able to copy the new slmodemd over the old one
in /usr/bin (or /usr/sbin, use the 'which' command to find out where
the current one is located) and start the new slmodemd with the init
script :

	# /etc/init.d/slmodemd start

which should now detect your modem properly.

Firas

GnuPG public key: http://itsuki.fkraiem.org/gpgkey