Re: help - chile (PCTel)

Hi Arturo,

Sorry I didn't pick up on this sooner.  I have been working away and
not had time to look through my mailing list emails.

The error you describe is symptomatic of SuSE and I get the same thing
on OpenSuSE 10.2.  The kernel sources are installed, but it seems that
the includes are split between /usr/src and /lib/modules/.../build.

I now have a patched version of the configure script which will appear
in the rht-8 release as soon as I can get it shipped.

I you would like me to email it to you in the interim, let me know
and I'll send it to you to try.

As to the device node not being present - Marv is correct in that this
is created at runtime on most systems.  If the install script runs
properly it should set all this up for you.

Best regards,

    Robert

Arturo Ignacio Partarrieu Ramos wrote:
Mr Jaques Goldberg and Mr Marvin Stodolsky,

I used th scanModem tool from
http://132.68.73.235/linmodems/index.html#scanmodem
then as I was informed I used de pctel-0.9.7-9-rht-7 archive from
http://132.68.73.235/linmodems/pctel-linux/
and following each step, but I got this error message (attached file)

I don't know what else to do

Thanks.