ModemData.txt

When I installed ubuntu 7.04 64 bit version and ran the modem setup, it
did not work. I did scanmodem and the output was different from the
previous output when I was using 32 bit version. what is the difference
between the two versions and which is better? Since the modem could not
be setup, I reverted to the 32 bit version. And I am sending you the
output of scanmodem. can the modem be supported in 64 bit version also ?
I am thinking of using 64 version when the new version of ubuntu will be
released.

 Only plain text email is forwarded by the  DISCUSS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List
Server.
 Do use the following as the email Subject Line:
           SomeName, YourCountry  kernel 2.6.20-15-generic
 This will alert cogent experts, and  distinguish cases in the Archives.
 YourCountry will enable Country Code guidance.
 Occassionally responses are blocked by an Internet Provider mail
filters.
 So in a day, also check the Archived responses at
http://www.linmodems.org .
 Local Linux experts can be found through:
http://www.linux.org/groups/index.html
--------------------------  System information
----------------------------
CPU=x86_64,
Linux version 2.6.20-15-generic (root@yellow) (gcc version 4.1.2 (Ubuntu
4.1.2-0ubuntu4)) #2 SMP Sun Apr 15 06:17:24 UTC 2007
 scanModem update of:  2007_August_31

 There are no blacklisted modem drivers in /etc/modprobe*  files
USB modem not detected by lsusb

Several modems are supported by drivers with ALSA, the Advanced Linux
Sound Architecture software.
Copying ALSA diagnostics to Modem/ALSAroot.tgz
ALSAversion = 1.0.13

Modem or candidate host audio card have firmware information and
diagnostics:

 PCI slot	PCI ID		SubsystemID	Name
 05:03.0	1057:3052	1057:3020	Modem: Motorola Unknown device 3052