Re: Mauri, Switzerland, kernel 2.6.20-16-generic

Maurizio

Please try using the generic package from
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/
the martian-full-20061203.tar.gz
Under Linux unpack with:
$ tar zxf martian*.tar.gz
Move in
$ cd martian-full-20061203
$ make clean
$ make all
$ sudo make install
Subsequently
$ sudo modprobe  martian_dev
will install the driver

Do
$ martian_modem --help
to get the options list
$ martian_modem --info countries
to get the countries list
$ sudo martian_modem --country=ch
should create the ports and setup the modem

Open a 2nd console or TAB a new window
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
should find the modem at  /dev/ttySM0

Start on this process & report back.