Re: Ali from Indonesia, about my ModemData.txt

Muhamad,

I did not understand your story but this is irrelevant.
I received your "ModemData" and if you sent in some mail with it to linmodems.org, it would not have been rejected if named ModemData.txt. Anyway the software for your modem Agere 620 is very recent and sometimes works, sometimes not.
Download the file
agrsm-alpha.tar.bz2
from the Web site http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/
Open the package with
tar jxf agrsm-alpha.tar.bz2
Walk into this package with
cd agrsm-alpha
Read the file named README and do what it says:
make module
sudo make install
To see if your modem works, do
sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
If the modem is recognised by wvdialconf, do
sudo gvim /etc/wvdial.conf
and edit the three lines starting with ;
Erase the ;, erase < , erase >, and replace the text on the right side of = by the values given by your Internet service.
Finally,    sudo wvdial   to get connected.

Jacques

Muhamad Ali Wijaya wrote:
I have used my scanmodem, and I get new folder: Modem. I have  tried several
times to send ModemData.txt to discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, but always failed...
MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx !!!! Could you explain me, why? Until Now my PC
can not connect to internet.. thanks a lot for your help, guys

And now ModemData.txt as I know is executable text file, so I have save this
one as Modem Data in gedit. I'm sure this is my wrong, I'm not carefully
enough about translation english to indonesian

I want my modem works,but I don't understand about my ModemData.txt . Would
you help me please? thanks a lot before
I'm very new in Linux, for example : untill now I'm still can't install a
game with extension tgz. Would you like teach me step by step. And I don't
understand about compiling. Once again, thanks alot Guys...