Re: Auto reconnect starts before modem has completely hung up.

A comma   ,   in the initilization string is used to create a pause.
AT S8=10 sets the duration of such following pauses to 10 seconds
10 is of course given as an example of the syntax to be used.
This will of course cause the same pause for the first dialling.
If Auto Reconnect is on, the delay (to be adjusted by trial and error)
will be applied to further dialling.

Jacques

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Aya

Change
Auto Reconnect = on
Auto Reconnect = off
and just do the restart manually.  Maybe someone knows of a way to delay the
Auto Reconnect = on

There may however be some delay setting in the Hayes modem commant set
which could be added to Init2, but i'm not familiar with it.

MarvS