Re: scanModem, Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586

Quoting Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx>:

In the UK, either you have a special cable or you need an adaptor
matching RJ-11 to your wall socket.

Thanks, yes you are right my cable is RJ11 - RJ45.

http://pinouts.ru/connector/4_pin_USB_A_or_USB_B_plug_connector.shtml
shows an USB connector.

I didn't realise there were 2 types of USB connector. Do most PCs come with both?

Can we please know if the modem which your purchased is an external box
or a printed card to be installed inside the PC?

The modem is an internal one which I purchased specifically because on ebay the seller said "comes with Linux drivers", however Marvin has already pointed out that this was misinformation as there is no generic linux driver.

Your ModemData.txt did show one such internal modem. Are you talking
about this one or something else?

Yes, I'm talking about this internal modem. I took the other one out (which I never managed to get working under linux).

dave