[Fwd: RE: UBUNTU USER PLEASE HELP [Was: Re: Modem Driver Help BROADCOM 4212]]

FOLKS: I forgot to Cc: my message below to the list (Sorry for that, Jim).
Jim needs very little help from an Ubuntu moderate expert at this time.
Marv is travelling.

Jim runs Ubuntu 7.04 kernel 2.6.20-15-generic.
He has a Broadcom 4212 modem.
Although it is generally admitted that this modem is not supported, the information obtained under Windows indicates a Si 3035 chipset (SmartLink riser) which is explicitly supported by the full, not ALSA, slmodem package.

Jim's attempt to compile the driver strangely failed.
The C compiler (gcc) is installed but it does not find the basic includes such as stdio etc...
I have no Ubuntu machine to help him.
On my CERN RedHat-based system, these files are found at /usr/include installed by the glibc-headers rpm.

Can somebody instruct James how to make his compiler work?

Thanks in advance, dear friends

Jacques

JIM: please always Cc: to the list, so that people can follow up.
Have you tried to run the trivial program which I sent you? It's the best way to find out if your compiler installation is sane.