Re: scanModem, Ubuntu 7.04 kernel 2.6.20-15-generic ATI IXP

Thanks Antonio, you're right. My modem is conexant
based. I thought it could work with slmodem cause
Uubuntu (well, Xubuntu really) loaded all those
ati-ixp modules.

I've installed the hsf driver from linuxant.com and it
dialed, then pppd died. I think I have to tune some
parameters with Stupid Mode set to no, but I think I
can managed those issues.

However, linuxant drivers are paid. Free (gratis)
version limit the speed to 14.4 kbps, that's very
slow. Do you know about some free (as in freedom or as
in gratis) alternative?

Thanks again

Juan

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

> Fecha: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:09:53 -0700 (PDT)
> De: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx>
> Asunto: Re: scanModem, Ubuntu 7.04  kernel
> 2.6.20-15-generic ATI IXP
> Para: Juan Martinez <jbmartinezs@xxxxxxxxx>,
> discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Juan,
>
> The lines
>
> Archive records show that 103c:???? Subsystems from
> HP
> with the
> exception of  103c:006b and 103c:3081
>  have a Conexant chip.  Thus first test hsfmodem
> software from
> http://www.linuxant.com/drivers
>
> so that could be a reason that slmodemd is not
> working.  Could you pleasee attach what you get when
> running wvdial?
>

> Also try to fetch a newer scanModem, and resend the
> output ModemData.txt to the list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antonio
> --- Juan Martinez <jbmartinezs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody
> >
> > I'm trying to use an internal modem identified as
> > ati-ixp-modem by the kernel. I've installed and
> > running slmodemd and "Carrier Check = no" in
> > wvdial.conf.
> >
> > However, when I try to dial I always get
> immediatly
> > "NO CARRIER" as response. The modem doesn't even
> > pick
> > up the line.
> >
> > ModemData.txt is attached.
> >
> > Someone knows how to get this modem working?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Juan

Correo Yahoo!