Re: scanModem, Ubuntu 7.04 kernel 2.6.20-15-generic ATI IXP

Juan,

The lines

Archive records show that 103c:???? Subsystems from HP
with the
exception of  103c:006b and 103c:3081
 have a Conexant chip.  Thus first test hsfmodem
software from
http://www.linuxant.com/drivers

so that could be a reason that slmodemd is not
working.  Could you pleasee attach what you get when
running wvdial?

Also try to fetch a newer scanModem, and resend the
output ModemData.txt to the list.

Thanks,

Antonio
--- Juan Martinez <jbmartinezs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DialupModemHowto has good
> general guidance.
>  Be sure to read the Ethernet section of
> Modem/YourSystem.txt
> DEVPPP=crw------- 1 root root 108, 0 2007-04-15
> 09:15 /dev/ppp
>
>   The current modem symbolic link is: /dev/modem ->
> ttySL0
>   The ports /dev/ttyS0 or 1,2,3 are for standard
> Controller chip modems
>
>  USB modem not detected.
>
>  Checking for audio card
> 00:14.5 Multimedia audio controller: ATI
> Technologies Inc IXP SB400 AC'97 Audio Controller
> (rev 02)
> 	Reading /proc/asound/pcm
> 00-00: ATI IXP AC97 : ATI IXP AC97 : playback 1 :
> capture 1
> 01-00: ATI IXP MC97 : ATI IXP MC97 : playback 1 :
> capture 1
>  The potentially supporting drivers now loaded on
> this System are:
>  0 snd_atiixp
>  1 snd_atiixp_modem
>

>  The kernel was assembled with compiler:  4.1.2
>  with current System compiler GCC=4.1.2
> -------------
>  Found make utility.
> -------------
> Checking for kernel-headers needed for compiling.
>  Kernel-header resources needed for compiling are
> not manifestly ready!
>
> Modem candidates are at PCI_buses:  00:14.6
>
> Providing detail for device at  00:14.6
>   with vendor-ID:device-ID
> 	    ----:----
> Class 0703: 1002:4378   Modem: ATI Technologies Inc
> ATI SB400 - AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 02) (prog-if
> 00 [Generic])
>   SubSystem 103c:3091  Hewlett-Packard Company
> Unknown device 3091
> 	Flags: bus master, 66MHz, slow devsel, latency 64,
> IRQ 16
>  Checking for IRQ 16 sharing with modem.
> O-APIC-fasteoi   yenta, ATI IXP, ATI IXP Modem,
> fglrx
>

>                   -----PCI_IDs-------
>     --CompilerVer-
>     Feature List:  Primary  Subsystem Distr
> KernelVer   kernel default  CPU
>  ./scanModem test 1002:4378 103c:3091 debian_version
> 2.6.20-15-generic  4.1.2 4.1.2    i686
> The modem lacks a Subsystem
> The following two Root commands should set up the
> modem if it is not a Conexant type.
> 	sudo modprobe snd-atiixp-modem
> 	sudo slmodemd --alsa -c YOUR_COUNTRY modem:1
> Get the SLMODEMD.gcc4.tar.gz from
> http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
>
>  The controller: 1002:4378 ATI
>  is capable of supporting soft modem chips from AT
> LEAST manufacturers:
> 	Conexant
>
>  Archive records show that 103c:???? Subsystems from
> HP with the exception of  103c:006b and 103c:3081
>  have a Conexant chip.  Thus first test hsfmodem
> software from http://www.linuxant.com/drivers
>  Should that support fail, the alternate route is
> described in Modem/Slmodem-ALSA.txt
>
> Checking for autoloaded ALSA modem drivers

snd_atiixp_modem,snd_atiixp,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
> snd                    54020  21

snd_atiixp_modem,snd_atiixp,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_seq_oss,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/resources.html#conexant
>  , there are scripts aiding installation:
>       For HSF modems.
>       For HCF modems.
>  There is additional Conexant information written to
> Modem/Conexant.txt
>
>  == Checking PCI IDs through modem chip suppliers ==
>
>   ======= PCI_ID checking completed ======
>  Update=2006_June_09
>
> Analyzing information for PCMCIA device at PCI Bus
> 05:09.0
> 05:09.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments
> PCIxx21/x515 Cardbus Controller
> 	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device
> 3091
> 	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ
> 16
> GREPping for an inserted PCMCIA modem with filter:
>      ommunication
>  If a PCMCIA modem is currently inserted and the
> sockets
=== message truncated ===

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.