Vendor Id: 0x11c11040, was Re: problems with slmodemd, slmodemd+alsa

RE:  /proc/asound/card0/codec#1
-------------------------------
Codec: Generic 11c1 Si3054
Address: 1
Vendor Id: 0x11c11040
======
Many of softmodem chips hosted by High Definition Audio (HDA)  cards
are a minor specializations of a Silicon Instruments Si3054 base chip.
This includes three from Vendor 11c1 AgereSystems . When the new
0x11c11040 appeared, it was assumed that it also was from the Si3054
and we tried it to thus bring it into function.  However there was a
consistent failure.

Last week our contacts at LSI Corporation (successor to AgereSystems,
itself a Lucent spinoff) very informatively responded to a query about
the 0x11c11040 chip. It is not a Si3054 specialization and is totally
fabricated by LSI Corp.  It cannot be supported within the Si3054
support section of snd-intel-hda, as their prior 3 chips are.   LSI
does have a group working on softmodem coding.  They will update us
presently, but as usual, never give time projectons.

Thus sadly for for the Vendor Id: 0x11c11040 softmodems are not supported.
Sasha K  and the ALSA snd-hda-intel maintainer have already been informed.

The URL for this email will be included in my next scanModem update.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer