Re: My ModemData.txt

Daniel:

RE: not able to change almost anything in my Acer TM290 Bios Panel
Understood!

/boot/grub/menu.lst  has sections like:
        title           Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.15-26-686
      root            (hd0,6)
      kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15-26-686 root=/dev/hda7 ro  XXXXX
      initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.15-26-686
      savedefault

where the XXXXX in the kernel line are options you should test,
You can do these edits with
$ su - root
# gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
or any other simple line editor you are comfortable with.
Each time Save, Reboot and do the modem Routine Test described earlier.

Before doing any edits back up the original
# cp /boot/grub/menu.lst  /boot/grub/menu.ori
Your kernel line may have more than the "ro"  to begin with.
Leave those in.

The XXXXX to  test one at a time are:
pci=routeirq
pollirq