Redhat 2.6.9-5.EL with slamr, was Re: NEPAL

Krishnan

RE: #dmesg | grep slamr
slamr: module license 'Smart Link Ltd.' taints kernel.
slamr: Unknown symbol get_device
slamr: Unknown symbol put_device
slamr: Unknown symbol device_release_driver
------------
These show that the the kernel-header  set used in compiling slamr.ko
do NOT Entirely represent the set used in compiling the kernel 2.6.9-5.EL
What is the source of the kernel-headers, or how were they prepared?

From your original report:
Compiling resources appear complete:
 make utility - /usr/bin/make
 Compiler version 3.4
 kernel_headers base folder /lib/modules/2.6.9-5.EL/build
---------
So I presume you installed a packge providing the kernel-headers, and
that they were not complete enough.  Can you/someone provide a URL to
the Redhat repository for  kernel 2.6.9-5.EL/ sources?  It will likely
be necessary for newbie Krishnan to compile his own kernel-headers.

MarvS

MarvS