Re: Undefined symbol in Intel537EP

Keith,
It would help if we would know:
-that indeed your modem is a 537 EP. How do you know that?
-which driver file you downloaded and from where.
-which kernel is used by your "Mandriva LE 2005".

You may well have installed something wrong.

The best way to collect the information which we need is to sun the scanModem utility, which you can find by reading the beginning of
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il and then jumping to item 7 in the list
(or item 5 if you need help to download files).

Running scanModem will create a new directory Modem where you will find a file ModemData.txt

Check in it that you have correctly identified an EP537 chipset, and installed the right driver.

Or send us the file (only ModemData.txt) if this file is obscure for you.

Jacques

Keith Bowes wrote:
Hi. I'm trying to get my Winmodem to work in Linux. Right now, I'm stuck in Windows, which I can use but don't really like. I'm using Mandriva LE 2005 and I've managed to compile the module, but running dmesg indicates that it has undefined symbol pm_access. I've done a web search and have found that other people have had this problem, but I can't find where there's been a solution presented. Is there one or am I SOL?

I hope there is a solution, because I know zilch about hardware modems. I wouldn't know where to get one, let alone know whether the one I'd choose would be Linux compatible.

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline2