Re: scanModem does not work

Sergey,

There may be a language setting hindering scanModem.  Just return the
results from
$ lspci
$ lspci -nv
If you can recognize the modem lines among the outputs,
that is all we need.

MarvS
scanModem, maintainer

On 12/28/06, Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Sergey,
I do not know how you did that.
I have just downloaded (because of you)
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/scanModem.gz
Unpacked with     gunzip scanModem.gz
Made executable with    chmod a+x scanModem
Executed as root
./scanModem
If you are using Ubuntu/Debian or the like, instead of becoming or being
su, type   sudo ./scanModem
And everything works perfectly for me.
So if this is not what you did, do what I wrote, and if this is what you
had done, do it again starting by downloading a fresh copy of the file.

Jacques