Re: [TDF Community] [Board Discuss] LibreOffice - peer2peer collaboration bits

Hello,

I'm not against the idea of a collaboration Office but who's gonna work on this? It's not a simple feature where 1 or 2 benevolents can work on it for some months and that's all. There are security issues, integrity of the produced documents, perhaps tracking who modified which parts and when, conflict resolving, etc.

Even if the feature is developped by private company, I expect bugtrackers would be on TDF. Dealing with these bugs will be more complicated:
how to reproduce easily the fact to be behind a company firewall?
how to simulate 2 or more people working on the same doc?

IMHO it required dedicated/paid persons from TDF or from some private companies (or both) to work on this. There may be some replacement of these people with the time of course, but they always must be identified so if there's any problem, we know how to contact and they'll respond in a reasonable delay (less than 1 week). I mean, I expect the target of this feature is mainly companies and associations and these can be more picky. Before talking about technical architecture, is there a real will about this? Are there enough financial resources for this?

Julien