Re: Debian 12.5 - 32bit Compiling Error - Missing jawt_md.h

Hi Hossein,

thanks for your answer. Sorry for my late answer. I was busy with other
tasks during the last days.

Am 05.03.24 um 21:51 schrieb Hossein Nourikhah:
Hello Andreas,

The file jawt_md.h is available in the include path of the openjdk,
but the path to the file varies according to the architecture. For
example, compare these two:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk-i386/include/linux/jawt_md.h
/usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk-amd64/include/linux/jawt_md.h
https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=jawt_md.h&mode=path&suite=stable&arch=any

I looked onto the Debian packages site (your link above) and they listed
jawt_md.h inside the folder, you mentioned above. But I looked into this
folder on my Netbook and there was no such file. There was only a file
named jni_md.h.

I tried to purge and reinstall the package with apt-get from the server
and local, but that didn't change anything. The local directory stayed
as it was.

Then I tried a run of apt-get install with the dependencies from the TDF
wiki for Debian and that fixed the issue. There is an jawt_md.h file
available jet in the folder, you mentioned above.

But yet another issue appeared with JAVA. There is no 'java' inside the
bin directory. There is instead a file named 'jconsole' and this breaks
the run of autogen.sh. It stops with the error message 'no java in the
bin directory of the jre found'.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate
## Free Online Office (LibreOffice Technology):