Re: Debian 12.5 - 32bit Compiling Error - Missing jawt_md.h

Hello Andreas,

The file jawt_md.h is available in the include path of the openjdk, but the path to the file varies according to the architecture. For example, compare these two:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk-i386/include/linux/jawt_md.h
/usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk-amd64/include/linux/jawt_md.h
https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=jawt_md.h&mode=path&suite=stable&arch=any

Please make sure that you have the correct OpenJDK (for example, openjdk-17-jdk package) installed. If you have it and still get the error, the issue might be that the Java include path ($JAVAINC) is not constructed correctly in the configuration variables of configure.ac.

As far as I remember, the only change that was merged recently, and might be related, is this one:

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/4267c7124876b9213b3169a55731d260c8c63f7c

Please try to see if reverting it helps.

Also, can you try installing a JDK from the compressed archive (tar.gz), and pass the installation path to autogen.input like this?

--with-jdk-home=

You can probably download 32 bit Java 8 JDK from here:
https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/#java8

Regards,
Hossein