[outreachy] Project progress (week 6)

Hi Folks,

Here comes the 6 weeks report of my project progress. I feel proud to mention that I am all going according to my project timeline. My mentors Jim and Heiko are ones who are always available to resolve any issue and make working in the LO environment much more fun. Learning new things and encountering such a big codebase is itself a task whenever I initiate any new milestone per week in the project.

I started this project by making a UI layout of a quick find panel on glade (using a virtual box for that). Next I integrated the ui with the code to make the Find Deck icon appear on the sidebar panel. Following up with that, I spent some more time on glade in figuring out how to expand the treeview component. This is all about making a structure.

Consequently, I first made the search bar track the keywords on entering the search field. I connected the entry control to the source and to add an activate handler for it. Made functions named as FillSearchFindsList(). Sequencing, I built a functionality similar to "Find all" in the quick search bar. On entering the keyword it highlights corresponding words in the document. Currently, I am half way on accomplishing the task of fetching a string of words from the right hand side and left hand side of the selected word. Once make build stops giving the errors I think I will be good to go. As Jim said in LO we make change, test it out, think, think, make change, test until we get a successful outcome.

Here is the link to my current blog that I am maintaining during my whole outreachy journey : https://khushishikhu.hashnode.dev/outreachy-week-6

Happy Hacking!!

Thank You!!

Khushi Gautam