Re: (new) non-ASCII filenames break unit tests on Linux

On 12/8/23 11:30, Michael Stahl wrote:
... considering that LO uses UTF-16 strings for everything including file paths, perhaps the best thing would be to add a check for the "C" locale on startup, print an error and abort.

The situation for the ASCII "C" locale is not much different here from the situation for any other non-Unicode locale. If a LO-internal file URL encodes a Unicode character that cannot be translated to the target character encoding, we have a problem. This broken-by-design situation effectively resolves itself to a non-issue for Unicode locales (modulo remaining by-design issues in the opposite direction, around system pathname byte sequences that are not UTF-8), but I assume at least some non-Unicode CJK locales are still in somewhat popular use, e.g. in Japan.