Re: (new) non-ASCII filenames break unit tests on Linux

Hi!

On 02.12.2023 17:46, Rene Engelhard wrote:
In any case this is bad. My filesystem (I think from 2020 or so) apparently shows it (ls -l does) but I wouldn't be sure for other, old ones (like Debians build machines). The locale this fails under definitely is UTF-8 though.

This tells that the files are handled by OS OK; and only the unit test itself fails - which basically discovered some Linux-specific problem in localpath-to-URL (or the other way round) encoding.

I can't debug it; so for the time being, I will revert the pre-commit check, and make the test Windows-only, generating non-ASCII names dynamically.

But if someone has an idea why LibreOffice fails handling files that exist on system, with names representable in system encoding, it would be nice.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski