Re: New tests: GTK3 platform accessibility

Le 13/09/2023 à 22:56, Michael Weghorn a écrit :
On 2023-09-12 10:49, Colomban Wendling wrote:
All that is a bit confusing to me, but let me try ton understand:
- On a system using dbus-broker, when logged in under GNOME, test fails?
- On *the same system*, but logging-in through SSH works!??

Yes, that's what I've observed in a Fedora 38 VM.

That's worrying, as it suggests the running environment has too much influence on the test run, which is not good.

However, IIUC you suggest it might be a dbus/dbus-borken conflict somehow?

That's what it looked like to me during first analysis.

What might be happening is that at-spi-bus-launcher detects a systemd environment that makes it think running dbus-broker should work, but something about the systemd/D-Bus environment in the virtual X session provided by xfvb-run and dbus-launch doesn't match what's expected/required.

[…]

Ah, makes some sense indeed. I guess if at-spi itself is not using the same DBus implementation as the app is it might not work indeed… and IIUC here the ap will be using the dbus-launch one, which IIUC is gonna be dbus-daemon, and at-spi2 is using dbus-broker.

I am not knowledgeable about that, but maybe we could run in a separate cgroup to escape this?

Or maybe we could have a dbus-broker compatibility, either as you mention below (that I don't fully follow without diving deeper), or simply emulating the bits we need like --exit-with-session which should not be that hard to mimic (basically watch the Xvfb session lifetime, e.g. with `xprop -root -spy` and terminate our own dbus-broker when it exits).

I'm on vacation this week, but could give this another try in my Fedora VM sometime afterwards. Or, if you're also attending LibreOffice conference next week in person, we could also take a look at it together then for example.

I'll be there, we can indeed try and pull some hairs together on this then :)