Re: New tests: GTK3 platform accessibility

Le 29/08/2023 à 14:36, Michael Weghorn a écrit :
[…]

This shows that there is an attempt to start a dbus session using dbus-broker-launch. This seems surprising at first, since dbus-run-session (and dbus-launch) use dbus-daemon in $PATH by default.

But then, there's an at-spi-bus-launcher involved for running a separate bus for AT-SPI/a11y, and the README [1] mentions that that is a separate instance of dbus-daemon or dbus-broker. From a first look into the source code [2], it looks like it prefers dbus-broker-launch when built with the corresponding option and running under systemd, but that apparently fails at that stage.

Sorry for the delay, I have been on vacation with minimal to no Internet.

All that is a bit confusing to me, but let me try ton understand:
- On a system using dbus-broker, when logged in under GNOME, test fails?
- On *the same system*, but logging-in through SSH works!??

That's worrying, as it suggests the running environment has too much influence on the test run, which is not good.

However, IIUC you suggest it might be a dbus/dbus-borken conflict somehow? What if we try `dbus-broker-launch` (assuming it's compatible) instead of `dbus-launch` if the former is available? Would that help?

I don't have any system to test this with yet, and it might take some time before I can have a F38 VM up and running with a LO build setup, but I'll try and see to this soon if it's a concern.

Regards,
Colomban