Re: Unsafe directory

On 13.07.2023 21:09, Ralf Quint wrote:
On 7/13/2023 2:17 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

I'm not knowledgeable about Windows/CygWin, but I have two wild guesses:
- the directory name contains non-ASCII characters ("é")
- the directory name contains a space

The space is most likely the key.

Both things are perfectly valid in Windows, though sometimes applications are not able to properly handle either.

Exactly that: not all are prepared for that, especially when the applications are not "for Windows"; even though these are also perfectly valid on ~all other platforms, there's a strong push-back to support them in development.

The problem is more likely that the initial "/home/Régis Perdreau" folder has been mapped in his cygwin installation to a non-writeable folder in Windows (or not recommended to be written to by applications). Windows and Linux/Unix (and in extension macOS) simply have different convention for these kind of things. And using something like cygwin unfortunately seems to be masking those conventions in unfavorable ways...

No. And the problem here is that Libassuan uses home directory for unclear reason, which is neither source directory (which is C:/sources/libo-core/), nor work directory (which is C:/sources/libo-core/workdir), nor a temp directory (I hope); and fails on the space there in the name.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski