Re: Unsafe directory

On 7/13/2023 2:17 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

I'm not knowledgeable about Windows/CygWin, but I have two wild guesses:
- the directory name contains non-ASCII characters ("é")
- the directory name contains a space

Both things are perfectly valid in Windows, though sometimes applications are not able to properly handle either.

The problem is more likely that the initial "/home/Régis Perdreau" folder has been mapped in his cygwin installation to a non-writeable folder in Windows (or not recommended to be written to by applications). Windows and Linux/Unix (and in extension macOS) simply have different convention for these kind of things. And using something like cygwin unfortunately seems to be masking those conventions in unfavorable ways...

Ralf